There is polyethylene terephthalate in PET, which is the main type of thermoplastic polyester. The English name is Polyethylene terephthalate, abbreviated as PET or PEIT (hereinafter referred to as PET), commonly known as polyester resin. It is a polycondensate of terephthalic acid and ethylene glycol. Together with PBT, it is collectively called thermoplastic polyester, or full polyester.
PET sheet has the following advantages:
1. It has outstanding mechanical properties, impact strength is 3 to 5 times that of other films, and good folding resistance.
2. Resistance to oil, fat, acrylic acid, dilute alkali, and most solvents.
3. The heat-resistant function of pure PET is not high, and the heat distortion temperature is only about 85°C, but it is greatly improved after strengthening. The mechanical function of the glass fiber reinforced PET is similar to that of PC, PA and other engineering plastics. The heat distortion temperature can reach 225℃; PET has good heat aging resistance, and the embrittlement temperature is -70℃, and it still has a certain degree at -30℃ Resistance; PET is not easy to burn, the flame is yellow, and the burning oil drips.
4. The gas and water vapor penetration rate is low, and it has good gas, water, oil and odor barrier functions.
5. High transparency, can block ultraviolet rays, and good gloss.
6. Non-toxic, tasteless, good hygiene and safety, and can be directly used for food packaging.
PET is a milky white or light yellow highly crystalline polymer with a smooth and shiny surface. Creep resistance, fatigue resistance, good abrasion resistance and dimensional stability, low abrasion and high hardness, have resistance in thermoplastics: good electrical insulation, low temperature influence, but poor corona resistance. Non-toxic, weather resistance, good chemical resistance stability, low water absorption, resistance to weak acids and organic solvents, but not immersed in hot water and alkali.
PET resin has a high glass transition temperature, slow crystallization speed, long molding cycle, long molding cycle, large molding shortening rate, poor dimensional stability, crystallization molding is brittle, and heat resistance is one level lower.
Through the improvement of nucleating agent, crystallization agent and glass fiber reinforcement, PET has the following characteristics in addition to the properties of PBT.
1. The heat distortion temperature and long-term use temperature are the highest among thermoplastic general engineering plastics
2. Due to the high heat resistance, the reinforced PET is immersed in a solder bath at 250°C for 10S, which hardly deforms or discolors. It is especially suitable for preparing soldered electronic and electrical parts:
3. The bending strength is 200MPa, the elastic modulus is 4000MPa, the creep and fatigue resistance are also very good, the surface hardness is high, and the mechanical function is close to the thermosetting plastic.
4. Since the ethylene glycol used in the production of PET is almost half the price of the butylene glycol used in the production of PBT, PET resin and reinforced PET are the cheapest engineering plastics and have a high cost performance.
|Contact information：13952725520||Address: Ecological Technology Park, Guangling District, Yangzhou City, Jiangsu Province||Contact: Manager Hang|